Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Animatic

http://jonkeegan.com/subway_tests.html


I came across this guy's work, and out of the several sites that I looked at, his was one that really caught my eye - probably more so for the aesthetic quality than anything. This animation was done in After Effects as a pencil test/animatic for an animation sequence he would later work on. From just viewing this, you can already get a sense of the actual atmosphere of the piece. From the beginning, I seemed to have been drawn in to his world. I was drawn into a familiar yet slightly not-so-familiar/intriguing city world at an almost personal level with its inhabitants as they go about their day, getting to and fro from where they need to go. The main concentration is, of course, the subway itself, the act of getting there, taking a ride, and taking in all the sights and the tiny querks that most people on a daily basis fail to recognize, or often take for granted.

No comments: